To compete in a CityVoter contest, a business must:
- Be operating (i.e. cannot be "opening soon" or closed)
- Provide products or services directly to consumers in the contest area
- Have physical business operations in the contest area
- Legitimately provide products or services within an existing contest category (note that businesses are allowed to compete in up to 3 categories)
Nominees which are part of a national chain or franchise will be allowed only one listing in the contest.
Nominees without a storefront may be able to participate in a category along with nominees that have a storefront, provided they meet the above eligibility requirements and the nominee's primary market is within the contest area. CityVoter shall make the final determination in its sole discretion regarding the eligibility of a business without a storefront to compete in a specific category or the contest in general.
Please do not add/nominate a business if:
- It has not yet opened
- It does not align with one of the current contest categories
- It is already competing in 3 categories in the contest
- It is located outside the identified contest area